Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My bettas

Ollie and Napoleon. Napoleon's flaring. :)


I have two bettas, and they're the best! I have a boy and a girl. Their names are Napoleon and Olivia. I've had Napoleon since I got him last Christmas, and Olivia I think I've had since April.


Napoleon is a veiltail betta. He's a pretty normal fish, he flares, makes bubble nests, and acts happy. He's very active. :) I just love him to death. Once he had fin rot, so some of these pictures will show him quite ratty. But I gave him some medication for that, and it worked wonders. He doesn't have perfect fins now, but they're a lot better than before.


Olivia, (or Ollie, as I'm inclined to call her) is a very interesting betta. She's quite a tomboy.Unlike most females, she flares. A lot. She also attempts to make her own tiny bubble nests., It's very strange. She's very active, and hops around in the water when she sees me. :)' She always stays very close to the surface, also.


Once she had a swim bladder disease, a disease which makes it hard or impossible for the fish to remain upright. She would just float at the surface or float vertically with her nose on the botton of the tank. She wouldn't eat for around a week, even though I still consistently put food in her tank. Then I went into my room and I could have sworn all the food was gone! Her appetite came back, she started swimming normally, and now it's like it never happened. :D

No comments: